Wednesday, April 1, 2015

In the Garden with Jesus

When Jesus was praying in the Garden of Gethsemane, knowing the fate that awaited him, knowing full well that he would be crucified in just a few hours, he prayed.  Wouldn't you, in his situation?  He poured out his burdened heart to his heavenly Father.  But he wasn't just begging for comfort, as many of us would be apt to do.  He wasn't asking for a loophole.  He wasn't even asking for one last earthly joy.  He was praying for the people who would be the reason for his suffering.  And he was able to tell God, "I glorified you on earth, have accomplished the work you gave me to do."
Can we tell God the same thing???

God, please show me the work you want me to do.  Help me to be able to accomplish this work without complaint or looking for loopholes.


No comments:

Post a Comment