Sunday, December 20, 2015

Advent Week 4

Fourth Sunday of Advent

Isaiah 9:6-7:  A child will be born to us. God will give a son to us. He will be responsible for leading the people. His name will be Wonderful Counselor, Powerful God, Father Who Lives Forever, Prince of Peace. Power and peace will be in his kingdom. It will continue to grow. He will rule as king on David’s throne and over David’s kingdom. He will make it strong, by ruling with goodness and fair judgment.  He will rule it forever and ever. The Lord of heaven’s armies will do this because of his strong love for his people.

Luke 2:13-14:  Then a very large group of angels from heaven joined the first angel. All the angels were praising God, saying, Give glory to God in heaven, and on earth let there be peace to the people who please God.

Mark 4:39:  And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

John 14:27:  I leave you peace. My peace I give you. I do not give it to you as the world does. So don’t let your hearts be troubled. Don’t be afraid.
John 16:33:  I told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world you will have trouble. But be brave! I have defeated the world!


The fourth purple candle of PEACE 

No comments:

Post a Comment