Friday, April 14, 2017

Happy Meal

Children's Moment from Holy Thursday Service

Tonight we pull out our suitcase for the last time as we are reaching our destination. We have been journeying to the cross during these past few weeks. We began our journey on Ash Wednesday and tonight we cross the goal line. Tonight I have one last item in my suitcase that I am sure any American child and adult can tell me what it is. (pull out box and show to kids) It is a Happy Meal box! As a child, I loved taking journeys to places because it meant we would stop at McDonald's on the way to where ever we were headed. Tonight we are going to share a Happy Meal together but not the kind we get from the restaurant it is our Saviors Happy Meal. Let me explain by reading you a poem.


The Savior's Happy Meal

This Happy Meal doesn't look like much,
And it doesn't come with a toy.
It may not fill my stomach,
But it fills my heart with joy!
The bread and juice remind me of
The Savior's love for me;
When he died upon a rugged cross
On a hill called Calvary.
There is no way I can describe
The gratitude I feel
Each and every time I eat
The Savior's Happy Meal!


Thank you, Father, for your son Jesus. We thank you that you loved the world so much that you gave your one and only son to die for our sins so we could have a new life. Send the Holy Spirit to help us remember as we eat this Happy Meal tonight that you love us and are our cornerstone. Open our hearts and minds to all you would have use to learn tonight. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment