Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday Funnies



A few years ago I had a youth ask me why we have the Easter Bunny. I sadly couldn't answer them. I had my thoughts but all I could say was bunnies bring new life and so does Jesus. They countered my answer with why can't we just say that with the eggs? Okay it is a little odd that the Easter Bunny is the one who brings the eggs and stuffs them with the things we probably gave up for lent. The Easter Bunny isn't in the Bible (no matter how you twist the Scriptures). He is scary looking for toddlers (and some adults). So why the Easter Bunny? Same reason we have Santa. He is a symbol. The Easter Bunny along with many other items are ways for us to present the Gospel to children. New life, rebirth and the Resurrection (eggs).


No comments:

Post a Comment