Thursday, March 10, 2016

Lent

Over the season of Lent we have been using a resource with the children called Resurrection Eggs. They are a great tool to show children the symbols of the season.  It also helps them to remember the story and be able to tell their friends.  You can find this resource in many places but here is the link to it at Amazon: Resurrection Eggs

Thought for today from Devozine

SHAPED BY STRUGGLE

Tessa Emily Hall, 22
As a novelist, I have been taught to give struggles to the main characters in the stories I write. Without struggles, there is no story. Sure, my character might assume that her suffering is never-ending; however, she doesn’t see what I see. She doesn’t see that the pain is causing her to grow and to become stronger. Ultimately, I will craft for her the perfect ending.
I am sure that what we are suffering now cannot compare with the glory that will be shown to us.
Romans 8:18 (CEV)
When I am suffering, I trust that the story of my life is being written by God. And when I view my life from God’s perspective, I remember that my pain isn’t going to last forever. God reassures me that, although the trials I face may be difficult, they have a purpose: They give me an opportunity to grow, to become stronger. And ultimately, God, the author of all life, will weave together a beautiful story with a perfect ending.

How have your past struggles shaped you into the person you are today?

No comments:

Post a Comment