Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lent Devotional

God Will Lead Us

Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in the way.  He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way.  Psalm 25:8-9

God will show us how to live and how to make good choices in our lives - all we need to do is ask.  When we ask for God's help, God will be there to help us learn, especially from our mistakes.   We may not realize until much later that God was teaching us what we needed to learn.  God has promised to be there for us always, offering us guidance all the days of our lives.

I am reminded today, Lord, that prayer is not a posture; it's a conversation between you and me.  Whether I look to the heavens or have my face to the ground, whether in a room full of people or in my closet at home, open my ears that I may hear you.  When I follow Jesus in prayer, I simply come to you.  Father, whenever I am, and open up my heart.  Amen


Resources: Led by Christ by Kathleen Finley and Follow the Way by Susan Senechal

No comments:

Post a Comment