Monday, March 13, 2017

Impatience


Walking through the woods with a group of kids was probably not the swiftest idea for a person who likes to keep to a schedule but here we were in the middle of the woods off schedule. Each one of them had their way of making our time out there longer. Getting more and more frustrated I pushed them to get done with the hike. But then a child reminded me of something "God wants us to soak in his creation." God patiently waits for us as we hurry through life and say "when I get time God." "When the sports are over." "When my calendar gets less crazy." He sends us reminders like this child was for me that we need to make time for him and then everything else will fall into place. But that requires us to trust him and to sometimes wait patiently for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment