Monday, March 6, 2017

Won't You Be My Neighbor!

Yesterday we talked about what it means to be a good neighbor.Many of the kids during kid's worship had great ideas of how we could be better neighbors and many of them like me had stories of how we haven't been good neighbors.
As I type this I am listening to the sounds of college students. Not because I am on a college campus but because at the beginning of the school year a group of college students started renting the house across from the parsonage. I love to hear them laughing and talking but just not at 2 am on a Saturday night. I love that they are using our basketball goal and feel comfortable enough to park in the church parking lot when they have parties. Just wish those parties didn't end with flashing lights coming. But as we were talking Sunday I realized I haven't really reached out to those students. We have complained about them, waved to them and talked to our other neighbors about them. But we haven't invited them into our circle.
Do you have anyone near you that you haven't been neighborly to? I know this week I am challenged to be more of a neighbor to them. I'm thinking cookies, what college student doesn't like cookies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment