Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Lost Sheep

My grandfather was a dairy farmer. I loved listening to the stories about the farm and going with him to milk the cows. I didn't get to spend much time with them so when we did I soaked up the time with my grandfather. One morning I went to the barn with him to find some kittens while he milked. I was sad when I couldn't find what I was looking for and went crying to my grandfather. I was giving the sob story of how I looked high and low for them and without saying a word my grandfather showed me where they were hiding.
How many times have we listened to the story of the lost sheep and thought about all the people we don't know, those who are not near us and don't know Jesus but not the one who sits next to you at lunch or that cousin that has wandered from the flock. My grandfather  knew where to find the kittens. How many times do we know where to find a lost sheep and don't take the time to bring them to the Good Shepherd. Are we willing to bring the lost sheep to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment