Saturday, December 8, 2018

A to Z of Advent

G is for Gifts

Read Romans 6:23

I don't mean to be greedy, but I do get excited when I think about the gifts that I will get for Christmas. It's nice to be given things; it's even nice to look forward to what they might be. Is that why you keep telling us that your great love comes to us as a gift? Not something we can earn or something we deserve, but as a gift freely given, dearly paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ. Oh, help me to be as excited about that great gift as I am about all the others I look forward to. And help me find some way to offer it to others too, along with all the other gifts I give, that we may all have something to look forward to, something even more than Christmas gifts.

Devotional by Arden Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment