Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Advent A to Z

C - Candles
Read Ephesians 5:8

Christmas is a time for candles, shining bright, beginning with the Advent wreath, where "bright" gets brighter week by week, until the day has come.
Dear God, help me to be like Christmas candles. Help me let my light shine, as Jesus told me to, that I may be a Christmas candle, making Advent brighter, day by day and week by week, for You.
I need your love, O God, to light my flame. And, since it is so small and frail, I need Your power and Your protection to keep it glowing day by day. And I need other people, too, to be like other candles shinging brightly all around me, helping me to let my own light shine.
Lord, help me let my own light shine not only "bright" but brighter week by week and day by day until You come!

Devotional by Arden Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment