Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Advent A to Z

K is for Kris Kringle
Read Philippians 2:9-11

Kris Kringle ... Santa Claus.. Saint Nicholas ... Father Christmas... in some parts of the world Pere Noel ... they're all different names but they all stand for the same thing, and when people use them, they know what they mean. Jesus, Savior, Our Redeemer, Prince of Peace, King of Kings, Lord and Master, Teacher, Helper, Great High Priest and "what a friend" are all different names too. When I think of Santa Clause I have a pretty good picture in my mind. But when I think of you, Lord, sometimes I get mixed up. I see you as a baby in the manger and then as a grown man later, dying on the cross, then bright shining, rising from the grave. It's all the same, isn't it? Whatever name, whatever picture, your love is the same.

Devotional by Arden Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment