Monday, March 2, 2015

Lent Devotion

Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.  Forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you.  A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get back. - Luke 6:37-38

"It's not fair!"  We say that so often to each other.  God's way may not match our ideas of fairness.  God has lavished love and so many gifts on us, and God asks in return that we be generous with one another.  If someone steps on my foot, especially if it was an accident, then I don't make a big deal of it because I've done things like that accidentally too.  If someone is taking more time than I'd like in the bathroom or in getting ready to go somewhere, I can try to be patient and understanding because God is patient and understanding with me.  This isn't always going to be easy, but we can pray for help to share a little of the generosity God constantly gives to us.

Jesus, you set the example for us, you disciples, of servanthood.  And your act of service alone makes me capable of serving others.  As I follow your ways, open my eyes to those around me whom I can serve.  And as I serve others, Jesus, help me to recognize that, indeed, it is I who am blessed as you pour out your love for others through me.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment