Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday

Friday
His master saw that the Lord was with him and that
the Lord caused all that he did to succeed in his hands.
Gensis 39:3

Friday Prayer

Success, O Lord, is hard to come by some days.  I have too many projects receiving too little of my attention.  It is terribly disappointing when something for which I have worked hard does not succeed.  Lord, when it is your will, cause the work that I do to succeed.  On the occasions that success does not befall me, O Lord, give me patient trust in you. Keep me from trusting in my own efforts. Amen.

Friday Meditation

When Jesus says, “Blessed are the poor,” he is speaking not just of the poor economically but of each of us, his beloved brothers and sisters, when we experience our human fragility.  That basic human weakness is never more evident than when people fall sick or face the reality of their death.  People seldom consider themselves “Blessed” when weakness befall them.  We want to help.  We want to do something for people in need.  We want to offer consolation to those who are in grief and alleviate the suffering of those who are in pain.  There is obviously nothing wrong with that desire… But unless we realize that God’s blessing is coming to us from those we want to serve, our help will be short-lived, and eventually we may feel burnt out.
-          Henri Nouwen


No comments:

Post a Comment