Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tuesday

Tuesday
I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1

Tuesday Prayer

Waiting can be a difficult task, O Lord.  Though I want life to happen on my time, I recognize that often I must wait for your time.  While I wait for my relationships to grow deeper, give me steadfast faith.  While I wait for damaged relationships to heal, give me patience.  Teach me how to carry the crosses of relationships so that I can wait patiently for your will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.  Let me cry out to you, Heavenly Father, as you incline your ear to hear me.   Amen.

Tuesday Meditation

What counts in your life and mine is not successes but fruits.  The fruits of our life are born often in our pain and in our vulnerability and in our losses.  The fruits of our life come only after the plow has carved through our land.  God wants us to be fruitful.  The question is not: “How much can I still do in the years that are left to me?”  The question is:  “How can I prepare myself for total surrender so my life can be fruitful?”  Our little lives are small, human lives.  But in the eyes of the One who calls us the beloved, we are great – greater than the years we have.  We will bear fruit, fruit that you and I will not see on this earth but whose reality we can trust. 
-          Henri Nouwen




No comments:

Post a Comment