Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thursday

Maundy Thursday – Holy Thursday
A new command I give you: Love one another.
As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
John 13:34

Thursday Prayer

Far above are the trees you cause to grow.  Father above are the mountains you carefully crafted.  Even father yet are the stars you placed in the sky.  Yet Christ Jesus, you stooped down on bended knee to wash the feet of your followers.  Though it makes me uncomfortable to think of you doing such a lowly task, I know it was done out of your own free will.  Give me a spirit of readiness to carry the crosses of faith.  O Lord, I want to get my hands dirty.  Amen.

Thursday Meditation

Jesus says give me that little life, and he took it and he blessed it, he broke it and he gave it away, and it multiplied in the giving.  That’s what our life is supposed to be.  To be taken, blessed, broken and given away so that it can multiply.  Your life is called to multiply and be fruitful far beyond your little clock time, your little 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 years that you will live.  That’s just so little.  But if you live it as the one who is taken, blessed and broken your little life will be fruitful far beyond the boundaries of your little existence.  That’s true of Jesus’ life and that’s true for everyone who lives in the Spirit of Jesus.

-          Henri Nouwen

No comments:

Post a Comment