Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saturday

Saturday
My dwelling shall be with them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Ezekiel 37:27

Saturday Prayer

Lord, you have set supervisors over me at work.  There are times that I wholeheartedly agree with the decisions made by those above me.  You know there are just as many times that I thoroughly disagree with the decisions that are made at work.  Among the many crosses that I carry, O Lord, there is the cross of having a manager.  I admit that there are times when I want to be my own boss.  Give me patience for my supervisors.  Amen.

Saturday Meditation      

If what I say out of my experience somewhere connects with your experience then something new can happen in you.  I am here with the intention, and it’s a big intention, that I want something to happen.  I want God to happen among us.  I don’t really care if you feel that you can do something with what I am saying, but I do care whether you can connect in your heart and that God creates something new in you that wasn’t there before.  That’s why I am here: to tell you about my life with God simply to help you discover your life with God which is a different one.  So that when I leave you can continue to live with God in a new way, and I can listen to you and live with God in a new way.
-          Henri Nouwen


No comments:

Post a Comment