Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday

Thursday
So Lot chose for himself the whole plain of the Jordan and set out toward the east. 
The two men parted company.
Genesis 13:11

Thursday Prayer

Parting ways, O Lord, is a painful endeavor.  Separation and seclusion from loved ones are among the many crosses I must carry.  Give me patience and perseverance when distance separates me from my family and friends.  Heavenly Father, make the time that we must be apart brief and our opportunities for reunion often. Keep those whom I love safe and out of harm while they are away.  Above all, O God, fill my long-distance relationship with your loving kindness.  Amen.

Thursday Meditation

My own personal life, the pains of that life are mostly related to expecting from people a love that only God can give.  I become more and more aware that if I make another person into a god, I make myself into a demon.  Love me, love me, I’m so lonely, I cannot do without you.  Before knowing, I grab at and I strangle the other person emotionally.  If we live in communion, we somewhere deeply know and trust that we are infinitely loved by a God who loved us first.  And I meet another person who also knows that he or she is infinitely loved by God, we can meet each other and form community, build a home and receive fruits of our love with our children, friends or spiritual fruits like joy, peace, gentleness, kindness.

-          Henri Nouwen

No comments:

Post a Comment