Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday

Palm Sunday
He humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death – even death on a cross.
Philippians 2:8

Sunday Prayer

Christ Jesus, you are the King of kings and Lord of lords.  It is disheartening to live in a world that does not always recognize you as King.  Although I fall at your feet with shouts of “Hosanna,” many of my family and friends refuse to do the same.  Gird my heart, O Lord, as I carry the many crosses of faith.  Prepare me for this Holy Week.  And prepare me for an eternity of service in your Holy Kingdom.   Amen.

Sunday Meditation

Every death that we live, whether it’s the small deaths during life or the big death at the end, is to make us more able to give ourselves, to be more fruitful.  That’s the mystery of the life of Jesus.  He died so that we could live, so that we could have His spirit, His intimate communion with God, so that we could participate more fully in that childhood.  He wants us to live with that spirit, and you and I are called to give ourselves to others so that they can bear fruit.  I had a little glimpse of that.  I was nearly dead two years ago because of a car accident. I was suddenly faced with death.  To my great surprise, I was not afraid.  I suddenly realized that Jesus says that you are there to give yourself, and if you die, don’t be afraid because your death is meant to be for others.  It’s not for yourself.  Your death is a gift for the world.
-          Henri Nouwen



No comments:

Post a Comment