Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday

Easter Sunday
And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power.
1 Corinthians 6:14

Sunday Prayer

Lord, you have been powerfully raised from the dead.  In you, I have life and power over death.  Ignite my life with your power, O Lord, and let me take up my cross and follow you for all eternity. Alleluia!   Amen.

Sunday Meditation

Your love is stronger than death.  Your divine love breaks through the prison of death and destruction and becomes manifest again your risen body.  O Lord, who will ever be able to understand the heart in which your divine love became flesh!  Again I look at you.  You rose from the dead, and now you appear to me.  You say to me, “Peace be with you,” and you show me your wounded hands and your wounded side.  Yes, the wounds of your cross are visible on your risen body.  I look up at you and know that the marks of your totally self-giving love have found forever a place in the glorified body with which you are ascending to your Father and mine.
Henri Nouwen

No comments:

Post a Comment