Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday

Tuesday of Holy Week
When Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said to his disciples, “You know that after two days the Passover is coming, and the Son of Man will be delivered up to be crucified.
Matthew 26:1-2

Tuesday Prayer

Death causes me to tremble.  Like many people, I desperately cling to life and fear the prospect of death.  O Lod, I want to be more like you.  Taking on frail humanity, you went to the cross for me.  Taking on tremendous pain, you freely sacrificed yourself.  Christ Jesus, let me look upon my own death with your eyes.  As I carry the crosses of faith, I want to praise you for the breath of life and the breadth of my days.   Amen.

Tuesday Meditation

There were five South African trapeze artists (at this circus), three flyers and two catchers, and they danced in the air!   I was fascinated and told me father that I thought I’d missed my vocation,  that what I’d always really wanted to do was to fly  like that… The leader recently said to me, “Henri, everyone applauds for me because when I do those leaps and back flips, they think I’m the hero.  But the real hero is the catcher.  The only thing I have to do is stretch out my hands and trust, trust that when you come down from a triple somersault, your catcher will be there to pull you right back up again.  So just stretch out your hands and trust the God of life.
-          Henri Nouwen


No comments:

Post a Comment