Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wednesday

Wednesday
But I can say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.
Luke 6:27

Wednesday Prayer

Christ Jesus, loving the hard to like should be easier than loving my enemies. Yet finding even the smallest amount of love for prickly people is hard for me.  Lord, you have placed many diverse people in the life.  Some of the people I deal with on a daily basis are a joy to be around; some of the people I deal with on a daily basis are everything but joyful.  Give me unending love as I carry the crosses of my relationships. Show me how to love hard-to-like people. Amen.

Wednesday Meditation

Different people remember a similar illness, accident, success or surprise in very different ways, and much of their sense of self derives less from what happened than from how they remember what happened… Most of our human emotions are closely related to our memory.  Remorse is a biting memory, guilt is an accusing memory, gratitude is a joyful memory, and all such emotions are deeply influenced by the way we have integrated past events into our way of being in the world.  In fact, we perceive our world with our memories.  Our memories help us to see and understand new impressions and give them a place in our richly varied life experiences.
-          Henri Nouwen




No comments:

Post a Comment