Saturday, April 5, 2014

Satuday

Saturday
The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
Proverbs 12:26

Saturday Prayer

You chose your disciples carefully Christ Jesus, knowing that they would be the ones to carry your message to the ends of the earth.  Your followers carried the message of the cross with them wherever they went.  Lord, as I carry the crosses of my relationships, help me to choose my friends carefully.  Though the friends I choose may not be influential or of noble birth, they are nevertheless used by you to build up my faith.  Surround me, O God, with the right people. Amen.

Saturday Meditation      

Jesus is a very interesting person; His words are full of wisdom.  His presence is heart-warming.  His gentleness and kindness are deeply moving.  His message is very challenging.  But do we invite him into our home?  Do we want him to come to know us behind the walls of our most intimate life?  Do we want to introduce him to all the people we live with?  Do we want him to see us in our everyday lives?  Do we want him to touch us where we are most vulnerable? … the Eucharist requires this invitation.  Having listened to his word, we have to be able to say more than, “This is interesting!”  We have to dare to say, “I trust you; I entrust myself, with all my being, body, mind, and soul to you.  I don’t want to keep any secrets from you.”
-          Henri Nouwen




Psalm 23

A psalm of David.


The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the 
Lord
    forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment