Sunday, March 9, 2014

First Sunday of Lent

First Sunday of Lent
The Lord God formed man from the dust of the grund, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being.
Genesis 2:7

Sunday Prayer

Families are full of love, laughter and a great deal of joy.  Families, however, are also full of bickering, bemoaning and occasional strife.  Bless me, O Lord, as I carry the crosses of family life.  Heavenly Father, you know the crosses I carry in this part of my life; sustain my joy and renew my patience when it is lacking.  Give me all that I need to lovingly care for the members of my family: spouse and children, parents and grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins.  Let my family be a cord not quickly broken.   Amen.

Sunday Meditation

You are a child of God.  I want you for a moment, for a few minutes, to think about it not intellectually but go with me and listen to me simply saying the same thing in different ways.  See if you can make connections here.  Because God is saying to us you are my child.  You are written in the palms of my hands.  You are hidden in the shadow of my hands.  I have molded you out of the secret of the earth.  I have knitted you together in your mother’s womb.  You belong to me.  I am yours, you are mine.  I have called you from eternity.  You are the one who is held safe and embraced in love from eternity to eternity.  You belong to me.  I am holding you safe, and I want you to know that whatever happens to you I am always there.  I was always there.  I am always there.  I will always be there and hold you in my embrace.  You are mine.  You are my child.
-          Henri Nouwen


No comments:

Post a Comment