Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday

Tuesday
Giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater…
Isaiah 55:10

Tuesday Prayer

Jesus, you gave so much of yourself and yet you invite me to ask for even more.  Though I did nothing to deserve it, you freely gave your life up for me on the cross.  Lord, show me how to freely give more of myself to my family.  As I carry the crosses of family, fill me with your Spirit of giving.  When my family knocks, let me answer. When my family asks, let me give.   Amen.

Tuesday Meditation

You and I, we are called to be broken so that we can give ourselves.  Listen to what Jesus is saying. He says it’s good for you that I die, the ultimate of brokenness on the cross, so that I can give you my spirit, so that my spirit can lead you to the full intimacy – that is what it means, to the full love, to the full communion.  I want your deaths to be like my deaths.  The spiritual life is a life to teach you to die in order that you can give yourself.  It’s good for you to die so that you can give yourself and bear fruit.
-          Henri Nouwen


No comments:

Post a Comment