Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday

Third Sunday of Lent
All the families of the earth shall be blessed.
Genesis 12:3

Sunday Prayer

Lord, you have abundantly blessed me in body and soul, heart and mind.  More than there are stars in the sky; you have provided me with countless blessings to preserve my life.  Nevertheless, my soul still has thirsts, and my body is still prone to faintness.  O God, as I carry the crosses of my health, protect me from ever being overwhelmed with want.  Let me earnestly seek you for all my needs both body and soul.  You alone have formed me in my mother’s womb and you alone keep me going.  Amen.

Sunday Meditation

When we are hurt we want to know why, and we spend time with psychologist, and it is good, and counselors and psychiatrists to explore a little bit why we got hurt, where we got hurt.  Sometimes we discover that we were abused, or we discover that we were not wanted.  Or we discover that we were manipulated or exploited, and we get mad or get angry.  It’s good to know where it comes from.  But you can only look at that reality in a forgiving way if you know that before any human hand touched you, you were already written in the palms of God’s hands.  That it was the God of the first love who molded you in the depths of the earth and knitted you together in your mother’s womb.  When you realize that you are unlimitedly loved, then you can say, “Oh, my father, my mother, my brother, my sister, my church, my community didn’t give me all I wanted but I can forgive them.”
-          Henri Nouwen




No comments:

Post a Comment