Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday

Saturday
Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of your possession?
Micah 7:18

Saturday Prayer

My community is not always as safe as I would like it to be, Gracious God.  There are times when I am filled with concern about my neighborhood.  Lord, calm my fears and ease my concern.  Take the many crosses that I carry for my community and use them as a way to increase the well-being of my neighbors.  Breathe new life into this place, spreading your protection over my community and using me to promote justice.   Amen.

Saturday Meditation

What basically Jesus is saying is that all of what I have said so far is a big lie.  That we are not what we have nor what other people say about us.  We are not the product of the world in which we live.  That is not who we are.  So the gospel is a radical statement that our identity, who we are as people, is not given to us by the outer world.  Who are we?  We are children of God.  We are not what happens here on this line, but we belong to God, the children of God.  God says I am who I am.  You are who you are as a child of God.
-          Henri Nouwen


No comments:

Post a Comment