Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday

Fourth Sunday of Lent
So they are no longer two but one flesh.  What therefore God has joined together
let not man separate.
Matthew 19:6

Sunday Prayer

My God, divorce hurts.  Separating the one-flesh union causes great pain to a great number of people.  Certainly the husband and wife are hurt when a relationship dissolves.  Yet the pain of a broken marriage sends a shock wave through children and parents, family and friends, neighbors and acquaintances.  Lord, give me all that I need to carry the crosses of relationships.  Uphold me in my time of weakness.   Amen.

Sunday Meditation

Oh, if we could sit for just one half hour a day doing nothing except taking a simple word or phrase from the bible and holding it in our heart and mind.  “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.”  Say it three times.  We know it’s not true, because we want many things.  That is exactly why we’re so nervous.  But if we keep saying the truth, the real truth – “The Lord is my shepherd,, I shall not want” – and let that truth descend from our mind into our heart, gradually those words will be written on the walls of our inner holy place.  That becomes the space in which we can receive our colleagues and our work, our family and our friends, and the people we will meet during the day.

-          Henri Nouwen

No comments:

Post a Comment