Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday

Monday
Have mercy on me, O God,  according to your steadfast love… I know my transgressions…
Psalm 51:1,3

Monday Prayer

Frustrated and fatigued, I often wonder if I have anything left to give anyone else. Oh Lord, the needs of my family can be emotionally and spiritually overwhelming.  Let your strength renew me as I carry the crosses of caring for my family.  Catch me when I am faint.  Lead me when I am lost.  You have entrusted me with so much by giving me this cross to carry.  Now breathe your breath into my life, O God, and show me how to sacrifice myself for my family.   Amen.

Monday Meditation

Your life is not for yourself.  My life is not for myself.  The deepest desires of you and me is to give myself to others.   That’s part of me.  Not just a part of my life, all of me.  I am created to give myself away.  In my giving myself away I want to be a fruitful person, not a successful person, not a rich person, not a person with many results – to have a fruitful life.  Our lives bear fruit in the giving.  I am more and more aware that the deepest joy of the spiritual life is precisely in giving myself, giving ourselves, in giving ourselves away.  We can do it because we know that we are the beloved who are blessed and broken, but that we were broken in order that we could become a gift for the world.
-          Henri Nouwen


No comments:

Post a Comment