Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tuesday

Tuesday
Call no one on earth your father; you have but one Father in Heaven.
Matthew 23:9

Tuesday Prayer

Lord, I did not choose my neighbors.  Rather, the people among whom you have placed me are a blessing from you.  I must confess that I often see my neighbors as less of a blessing and more of a bother.  You, however, have seen fit to place me among these people, so let me love them as your children. As I take up the crosses of community, keep me from bearing false witness against my neighbors.  Place upon my heart a desire to be constantly committed to the well-being of the people in my community.   Amen.

Tuesday Meditation

Jesus speaks about his Father as the source of all his words and actions.  When he withdraws to be with the Father… All through his life Jesus considers his relationship with the Father as the center, beginning and end of his ministry.  All he says and does he says and does in the name of the Father.  He comes from the Father and returns to the Father, and it is in his Father’s house that he wants to prepare a place for us.
-          Henri Nouwen




No comments:

Post a Comment