Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tuesday

Tuesday
I delight to do your will, O my God.
Psalm 40:8

Tuesday Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that growing old is a true gift from you.  Yet the gift of old age does come with struggles of its own – aches and pains, pills and prescriptions, inabilities and insecurities.  Lord, as I take up the crosses of my health, be with me.  Every breath I take is a gift from you.  Every day I live is an opportunity to sing your praises.  Let me carry the cross of growing older with patient joy and godly wisdom.   Amen.

Tuesday Meditation

You get out and do what the gospel is saying.  Jean Vanier is a prophet for me.  He did something that I could relate to – working with mentally handicapped people.  There are some people who go to prison, who develop a whole nonviolent strategy around that.  There are people who live very simple lives of prayer.  Some live in monasteries, some as hermits, some in families.  There are doctors and lawyers who live as witnesses.  There are people who use their wealth to bring about things that otherwise wouldn’t be possible.  We have to get in touch with what is our unique vocation, to be a sign of hope in the world. 
-          Henri Nouwen


No comments:

Post a Comment