Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday

Wednesday
Your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever …
2 Samuel 7:16

Wednesday Prayer

This land upon which I live has been entrusted to my care, Lord of Creation.  My actions, whether positive or negative, leave an indelible mark on the land and have a lasting impact on my neighbors.  Let me not shirk any of my responsibilities.  Even when it is inconvenient, O Lord, remind me of the crosses I am to carry for my community.  Show me then, Lord, how to live in your creation without ruining it for any of my neighbors. Amen.

Wednesday Meditation

Community is not loneliness grabbing onto loneliness: “I’m so lonely; you’re so lonely. Please stay awhile!”  Grabbing too easily becomes grasping, and grasping may quickly turn into suffocating closeness.  No, community is solitude greeting solitude: “I am the beloved; you are the beloved.  Together we can build a home.”  Sometimes we are close to each other, and that’s wonderful.  Sometimes we don’t feel much love, and that’s hard.  But we can be faithful.  We can build a home together and create space for God and for the children of God.
-          Henri Nouwen





No comments:

Post a Comment