Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursday after Ash Wednesday

Thursday After Ash Wednesday
What does it profit them if they gain the whole world, but lose or forfeit themselves?
Luke 9:25

Thursday Prayer

The full sacrifice has been made.  Holy blood has been poured out for me.  Christ has offered himself up on the cross in order to restore all of your creation, O God.  All that was necessary to forgive sins has been accomplished by the cross of Christ.  Nevertheless, Lord, you invite me to deny myself and take up crosses of my own.  You beckon for me to die to myself and rise to new life in Christ.  These crosses I carry transform my feeble plans and turn them into your far greater plans.  Amen.

Thursday Meditation 

What is our security base? God or Man? That is what Jesus would ask.  He says that we cannot put our security in God as also in money.  We have to make a choice. Jesus counsels: “Put your security in God.”  We have to make a choice where we want to belong, to the world or to God. Our trust, our basic trust, Jesus teaches, has to be in God.  As long as our real trust in the money, we cannot be true members of the Kingdom… What is the true base of our security?
-          Henri Nouwen



No comments:

Post a Comment