Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday

Friday
The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.
Proverbs 16:9

Friday Prayer

Changing my plans in an instant is not easy, Holy Lord.  When my health changes, my plans much change as well.  When the health of a loved one changes, our plans must change accordingly.  Lord, establish my steps and give me your Word as a lamp unto my feet.  Let me trust in you even when my plans change on account of health.  The path on which I carry this cross may change a hundred times over.  Yet the certainty of your lovingkindness, O God, never changes.  Amen.

Friday Meditation

Freedom comes when you know with your heart that you are loved.  If you could accept and believe that you are unconditionally loved and embraced, you could go all over the world and never be lonely.  This is a struggle.  But if you experience it you will know what Jesus meant when he said: “You will be leaving me alone, yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me…”
Freedom is the core of the spiritual life.  It comes from claiming in your heart that unconditional first love that allows you to love your neighbors freely and unpossessively.  Jesus shares this word of hope in our world full of violence – violence in our families, in our communities.  In our personal relationship, a moral life is not enough.  We must also live the mystical life, a life which is embraced by God who says, “I love you fully and unconditionally.”
-          Henri Nouwen



No comments:

Post a Comment