Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday

Friday
First be reconciled with your brother or sister, and then come and offer your gift.
Matthew 5:24

Friday Prayer

Wayward as I am, kind Father, you always welcome me home with open arms.  I constantly chase after my own desires while neglecting your will for my life.  Forgive me for my waywardness, O God.  I know that I need to forgive wayward members of my family.  Yet welcoming them with open arms is hard for me to do.  Teach me, Lord, to forgive as I carry the crosses of family.  Let me forgive the members of my family as you have forgiven me.  With joy and thanksgiving, let me welcome back members of my family who were lost but are now found.  Amen.

Friday Meditation

The name of love in this world is forgiveness.  We always have to forgive each other for not being God, for not giving what we most desire.  My heart yearns to be loved and every time I meet another human being, he or she disappoints me, eventually somewhere, somehow – maybe not the first week, maybe not the first month, but eventually.  And do not say, “Oh my goodness you are no good anyhow, get out of my life.”  The question is you realize a limited refraction of the unlimited love of God.  And the fact that you are so limited calls me to love God always more and to deepen my communion to the one who offers it to me so that I can love you better, even though you’re not God.
-          Henri Nouwen



No comments:

Post a Comment