Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wednesday

Wednesday
But take care and watch yourself closely, so as neither to forget the things your eyes have seen nor to let them slip from your mind…
Deuteronomy 4:9

Wednesday Prayer

Sometimes, O Lord, it is much harder to see someone else suffer than it is to suffer myself.  I want so badly to take the pain away for my loved one.  I want so badly for comfort to be restored.  Heavenly Father, I know that it is not in my power to take pain away; you alone are the Great Physician of body and soul.  Comfort me as I take up the crosses of health for others.  Place your words of comfort in my mouth so that I can share them with others. Amen.

Wednesday Meditation

It is central to the biblical tradition that God’s love for his people should not be forgotten.  It should remain with us in the present.  When everything is dark, when we are surrounded by despairing voices, when we do not see any exits, then we can find salvation in a remembered love, a love which is not simply a wistful recollection of a bygone past but a living force which sustains us in the present.  Through memory, love transcends the limits of time and offers hope at any moment of our lives.
-          Henri Nouwen




No comments:

Post a Comment